Tuesday, February 26, 2013

IPad Apps for the Common Core!

Well, I figured it couldn't be too long
before we had some tech help to get up to speed with the Common Core Standards!  I was perusing a site called Teachhub.com, and this particular entry caught my eye.   I don't know about you more seasoned teachers, but for those like me who have yet to run a classroom, this bit of news was a welcome relief.

I think I'll do some more digging and see what else is out there, but to me, every little thing is a decided help.
What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. All I can say Brian is "thank you!" These apps are free and chock full of useful resources...will certainly come in handy as I plan upcoming Common Core aligned math lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that section on Teachhub.com where you can use the drop down boxes to select the grade and subject to get free lesson plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing. At this point a lot of elementary teachers are feeling very conflicted with the switch to common core and teaching for the CMT's. We have no direction and are expected to teach both and given no resources. This is a help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian, these are wonderful! I instantly downloaded scootpad, I haven't explored it too much but it seems to have endless resources, especially ones to keep teachers organized and track data. FYI- Scootpad also has an App for a common core concept bank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At this point, I think it's safe to say that ANY teacher would welcome ideas for teaching with the Common Core! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete