Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Introducing: Me!

As a general preface to my new blog, I thought it sensible to give some basic information about myself.  I am a mid-career changing, stay-at-home dad, who has spent most of his previous career life as a spreadsheet analyst, software trainer, technical support representative, court reporter, obituary writer for a local newspaper (true story!), and paralegal.  A man of many hats.

After a decade raising three children to the brink of the tween universe, I have decided to use that fount of information gleaned from watching my children develop and become an elementary school teacher.  Some might accuse me of being a glutton for punishment, but I have to confess a deep affection and appreciation of the young mind of a child.  Where others fear to tread, I go merrily, happy to volunteer my services at the schools in my town at any opportunity.  My experience in observation and participation in various classrooms in the Hartford area has only deepened my desire to devote my time and effort helping children grow into functional members of society (to the degree I am able).

Lucky for me that my wife is a very successful attorney, appearing several times before the Supreme Court of the United States!  This allows me not to worry excessively about the financial ramifications of my career choice, remaining free to find new and better ways to reach out and help today's children become tomorrow's leaders -- or perhaps dentists, lawyers, or even plumbers!

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is so amazing. It takes me endless edits to try and have my words flow and reading your work it's amazing your level of talent. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete