Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Another Web 2.0 Spectacular!

Okay, so there is nothing actually spectacular about this, but I love a good hook!  I have killed two birds with one stone by creating a Prezi to introduce you all to the joys of Evernote.







 For those who don't know, Evernote is a note-taking, web-clipping, life-organizing son-of-a-gun software that can be accessed on a computer (PC and Mac), tablet, or Smartphone, giving you access to your information 24/7 in any location that has internet access.

You can use Evernote to clip web pages such as recipe sites; create notebooks to house your class notes; save web pages to be read at a later date; save and then search web-based data for a research project; and much more.

I find it to be an excellent tool.  Have a look, it's for free (with the option for a paid upgrade) and let me know what you think.  It's right here.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your presentation last night Brian. I have used the link in this post to signup for Evernote and have already used it a little bit. This is going to be a valuable tool in my larger box of gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brian. As you know I use Evernote, but it depends on what I am teaching and what projects I am working on. It is beneficial if I want to archive an article for a research project for instance. I also use the Web Clipper tool, but find if I simply want to archive and tag a site or article, Diigo is faster and then easier for later finding what I need. I wish more people would get on to Evernote to share notebooks. For some reason, people seem to find Dropbox easier for sharing a folder, but a Dropbox account can easily get filled up and result in the need to upgrade for a paid account. I also think Evernote is showing potential for elementary school students who have access to iPads in the classroom to archive an image of what they are working on including an audio track. Thanks for an excellent and thorough explanation in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, I will be saving this handy Prezi presentation for this summer, when I plan to tackle my "save for later to-do lit" that includes a variety of digitally based programs that I'd like to try out, but just can't seem to find the time. I've been swooning over Evernote ever since Tracy Mercier modeled how she uses this fabulous platform with her students, last semester. Again, if only I had an iPad...

    Until I saw your presentation last week, I was sure that Evernote was going to be far too complicated for this time-strapped girl. You've proven me wrong -- Evernote will actually help me be MORE efficient and even more organized. I'm finally going to jump aboard the train :) Thank you SO much for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your presentation. I'm intrigued by the concept of Evernote. Now that I already use Diigo and Pinterest, I'm not sure if I have a need for a third bookmarking tool... but Evernote really appeals to me so I'm considering it! It's got some nice features that the other two just don't have.

    ReplyDelete